JULY 1, 2021 - END OF MASK MANDATE REQUIREMENT
With the Governor ending the State of Emergency as of June 30, the South Portland Community Center and Redbank Community Center will be dropping the current mask requirement for these facilities beginning July 1, 2021. The CDC still recommends those under age 12 and those not fully vaccinated to wear masks indoors, but neither the State nor the Federal CDC is making this a requirement.
COVID RESTRICTIONS UPDATE - EFFECTIVE JUNE 1-30, 2021
As many of you know, effective May 24, that State of Maine began aligning with the new guidance from the U.S. CDC and allow fully vaccinated people to not wear face coverings indoors.
Guidance from the State of Maine still requires school age children ages 5+ to continue to wear masks and physical distance while in school and childcare settings. Since the South Portland Community Center and Redbank Community Center offer programming for school-aged children, the City has adopted the following protocols for these two facilities. These protocols will go into effect June 1, 2021 and will remain in place until further notice.
- All employees and visitors must wear a mask upon entry to these facilities. Masks may be removed once the employee/visitor reaches their destination within the facility, except for school-aged children 5+ and employees/counselors/coaches of those children, who must remain masked while indoors. Employees and visitors who leave their destination within the facility for any reason must be masked until they exit the facility or arrive at their next destination. For example, when an adult enters the facility to participate in an exercise program they must have their mask on until they arrive to the space/room that the program is taking place, then they may remove it.
- Capacity limits and physical distancing shall be lifted, except for programming involving school-aged children.
- Masks and physical distancing shall NOT be required when school-aged children are present for non-organized activities, such as open gym, open swimming, etc.
- Our temperature scanners at facility entrances are recommended by the public upon entry to buildings. Those with a high temperature reading must either wait and re-test to see if a lower temperature results, or not enter the facility with a high reading.
- Plexiglass barriers, hand sanitizer stations, and other safety measures shall remain in place.
- Entrances on both Nelson Rd and Nutter Rd will be open for the public to access the South Portland Community Center.
- As of May 24, 2021, requirements to physically distance and wear face coverings in all outdoor public settings are eliminated. This affects participants of all ages in our recreation programs occurring outside.
The City’s COVID Team will periodically review whether these protocols should remain in place a these facilities.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
South Portland Parks, Recreation & Waterfront
21 Nelson Road
South Portland, ME 04106
To register for programs or to create an online account, go to www.sopoparksrec.com
SUMMER HOURS OF OPERATION
(Effective May 28 -September 6, 2021)
Monday-Thursday- 6:00am - 9:00pm
Fridays - 6:00am - 5:00pm
Saturdays - CLOSED
Sundays - CLOSED
Closed for following holidays:
May 31 - Memorial Day
July 5 (observed)
September 6 - Labor Day